Friday, July 28, 2006

Behold the Westwood sign twirler!

OK, I've been wanting to get shots of the condo sign twirler at the south end of the UCLA campus for many weeks now. I finally got my opportunity today. I tried taking a movie but I'm still a little clumsy at using a digital camera, unfortunately. It's too bad I didn't get the movie because the sign twirlers deployed for this condo project have been rather extraordinary, flipping the sign in the air, spinning it on the back and on the ground, and so forth.

I have no idea where these advertised condos are.

5 Comments:

Blogger bearmaster said...

The monthly LAX area real estate $$$ volume charts for July will go up next weekend (Aug 5-6).

6:57 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger bearmaster said...

I saw another sign twirler today at Weyburn and Westwood (one block south of these photos), and his sign says "Club California Homes, from the $300Ks". And of course I think to myself, well around here you get s**t for a megabuck, so what the hell will $300K or $400K get you?

I did a web search and found hits for Club California apartments in Westwood, not condos. I am wondering if these Club California homes are former student apartments converted to condos.

Man that sucks.

2:14 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I do that on occasion on the weekends. sign twirlers don't get paid that much but it's nice to have some extra weekend cash. I try to move the sign enough to get attention but not so much people cant tell where I'm directing them to.

2:14 PM, March 17, 2008  
Blogger bearmaster said...

Wayne,

When I was little I took baton lessons, but I was never very good. Sometimes I secretly envy some of these guys for their coordination (which I never had!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s85N6GJ1sT8

5:03 PM, March 17, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

bearmaster. Yep, and the *really* talented guys get paid around $30 an hour. The best Spinner in the world (according to some) Randy J won't work for less than $60 per hour. Snoop Dogg flew him out of L.A. once to promote one of his events. Randy is a very talented martial artists and he uses his moves while spinning. Needless to say he gets lots of attention.

1:27 PM, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dogmation